Friday, February 27, 2009

Mommy weekend


Well today is a new day and things are slowly improving in our house. Owen still sounds like an 80 year old smoker, but his energy is back and he is starting to get into trouble again, a tell-tale sign of better health! I enjoyed some of the cuddling I got to do with both boys as they would melt in to my chest and fall asleep, snoring and drooling peacefully for a couple of hours, but now we are back to regular business of crashing cars, running races around the kitchen island and trying to figure out what Owen is up to when it gets quiet! He is the proverbial "dickens".

Great news came on Feb 25 that my good friend from Oshkosh had a beautiful and healthy baby boy. I had guessed they would go more traditional with names, but they picked an ultra cool one: Cole Joseph. He is a little cutie pie--all 6 pounds of him at 9 days early! (Why were my babies so BIG??!!) It sounds like she had a long labor, but not too intense and she held off on the epidural till a few hours before pushing, so I could not be more proud. It really is amazing watching my friends become mothers and fathers. I beam with pride as I think of her gazing into his eyes at whatever time it is in the morning and the thoughts that surround that little miracle. I enjoyed that time I had with my boys and love hearing about it from my friends. Life is truly a gift and a miracle!

I am looking forward to a good weekend. Andy is going with friends to a rustic cabin in West Virginia to do what boys do---ride 4 wheelers and drink beer. I hope he gets some much needed rest (ha ha) and some relaxation. He has been working very hard lately and deserves to blow off some steam. I have plans for Saturday night to go see a movie and out to dinner with two of my best girlfriends, Kelly and Patti. Can't wait to see them and just hang out. I am blessed with good friends and always look forward to spending time with them--baby free!!

I better get some things done while the house is quiet--maybe even my 20 mins. of reading. We have a book club and the Twilight series is in full effect. Many of the girls are quite smitten by young Edward Cullen--I must admit, he does not do it for me, but the stories are entertaining. I am starting #2--and at my turtle reading pace I might be finished by Easter!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad to see you've started your blog back up. It's a great way for those of us that aren't near you to feel connected. Hope you had fun with your friends last night. Cole, Jake and I are doing real good - everyone is right that these first few days just melt your heart.

The Battaglia Bunch said...

Yea! I'm happy you're tackling your blog again. Wish we could all get together more often, but at least I'll know what's happening in your lives. Hope the boys are feeling better.