Monday, December 21, 2009

Appreciation

You know, you really can't appreciate the goodness of family until you are literally stuck inside with them and you can spend ALL that quality time together. What a fun weekend. We were supposed to be really, really busy. Gone all day and night Saturday and most of Sunday with a surprise wedding on Saturday and the festivities at church on Sunday. Well, Mother Nature knows what we need more than we do and we all got snowed in!!! No wedding, no church, nothing but good old fashioned hanging out. I used to think, when Nick was really little, that that was all we did. And we do do a good bit of it now, but we are getting busier and busier and I find that that causes tempers to flare and annoyances to arise. This weekend though, we all hung in there. Forging ahead with baking cookies, playing in the snow, drinking hot cocoa w/ extra marshmallows, baking some more, watching movies, playing playdoh, etc etc. We just had FUN. You can really appreciate each other alot more when you slow down and spend time together. Someone said that the biggest thing in being a parent is to "just show up" and I think we all did that this weekend. Now when they announced that schools would be CLOSED today, I did a loud Oshkosh West High Indians CHEER and danced around the kitchen cuz, don't get me wrong, I love and adore my children, but it was time for a change of scenery!!!! So off to daycare they went, in full snowpant/boot gear, and they should have a great day with their buddies and I will have a great day puttering around the house cleaning up, getting out the Holiday dishes for Christmas Eve, doing last minute shopping and getting to the gym. Mommy needed a SNOW DAY!!!!

No comments: