

I just re-read the post about being stuck inside with nowhere to go....and I admit I love being home and being together and finding fun things to do, but this has gotten a bit ridiculous!! The first snow storm was exciting and new and we were able to sled and run around a bit. Oh and it WENT AWAY!!! Then when the mud was finally solidifying, we get clobbered by 30+ inches of snow. Now, mind you, I AM FROM WISCONSIN, where we get a shit ton of snow, but it comes in waves and we know how to deal with it. In Maryland, a state I have grown to mostly love, we cannot deal with anything close to that. Not many places can. So, when it started, my smarty pant, sarcastic and non-believing mother FROM WISCONSIN says "maybe it will just pass us by". Hmmm, that would have been a blessing, because as this nonsense kept falling, she changed her tune and we all knew nothing was passing us by. OMG!!! It was beautiful and amazing and sort of fun, except I have two little people who are addicted to going outside to play. Maybe I did that to them, so be it....but these two said little people are approximately 36-40 inches tall, so that does not bode well for movement in the snow when the actual snow is 30 inches deep--and I mean DEEP. Like so deep I could barely get through it and boots were getting stuck down so far you could not even see them deep. It was crazy. We would be outside for about 5 minutes before Owen's mittens were soaked and left behind in a random foot hole and he was crying because, like his mother, he has freakishly cold hands and feet, so the pain starts quick and you just want relief, but ain't none comin' when you are coated in snow and stuck to your neck in it. You get the picture. Thankfully my mom was here and could go in with him and get him warmed up with cocoa and marshmallows and any of the snacks we baked or stocked up on. One week later we get walloped with yet 20+ inches of snow. You read it here and I know you heard it on TV. They were not exagerrating. It was nuts. It still is. The glacier on our roof scares the doo doo out of me and someone should just set up a videocamera to shoot the front of our house because I am sure it is going to come crashing down on one of us this weekend with some warmer weather. My point is, is that all of this snow makes it hard to play outside, which my boys LOVE. So we have done just about everything known to man in the house and have watched WAY too much TV. At least they have good vocabularies and language or I would be more worried. Today we ventured out the back deck and I broke my back shoveling about 3 feet of REALLY heavy snow to make a path, then trudged to the playground to shovel the fort part on top that literally had 5 feet of snow on it. I know that most of you out there CANNOT imagine the amount of snow we have, unless you have been to Mammoth in California, cuz that was alot of snow. Maybe the U.P. gets this kind of snow sometimes, but again, they can deal with it!! So we smelled the fresh air and looked up at the sky and tromped around and it felt really good today. Thank G-D because I was about to throw one of my little guys out in the snow if we hadn't made it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment