Whoa, this summer is flying by. And even though I try to relish everyday with whatever comes it's way, it is still zooming. We have had such a great time splashing around in many forms of water fun. We still have our big rectangle blow up pool in the backyard, that STILL makes for at least an hour of good physical fun. The boys are very daring this year, running and jumping in, jumping off of the sides, having Star Wars battles. It is very fun to watch them play together, and even fight too.
We are getting ready to go to Michigan once again. And by "getting ready" I mean, that I am running around crazy time packing for the boys and me, buying car friendly activities and books, finding good snacks/candy treats, remembering every teeny tiny item that one might ask for as we drive 13 hours to heavenly Crystal Lake. Then Andy rolls in and packs his 4 shirts, 2 shorts, some undies and a swimsuit and asks me why I am so stressed out about this????!!! Ahh, men. So, I am done w/ the packing part for clothes anyway. The car activity center is almost done. Some MadLibs, markers, paper and even scissors. Those boys love to cut!!! I can find just about any type of paper product cut up all over the table and they look up at me with that "aren't you so proud of me?" look as I am looking for one of my many lists....
The spring/summer has been great. Owen has been pretty healthy. He officially has asthma, sinusitus and excema. All very mild, but they all can cause their issues. We have several meds to chew up each day, an inhaler every day and special soaps and lotions. He also gets to do "nasal irrigation" at bathtime to clear those sinuses!! That is a fun one. I should get video, he is quite a trooper. He has actually settled in nicely to being a typical three year old. All of my worries about him being a convict at some point have been put on the back burner till maybe 6. He is more calm and able to explain himself or just do things for himself. I think that was a major problem for us--we were trying to do too much for him or limit him too much = CONTROL--heard of it?? Yeah, it is not good when you get a feisty 1, 2, or 3 year old in competition for control....We are all learning and making progress. Amen.
Nick is awesome. SO ready for Kindergarten, although it will tear my heart out to see him go. EVERYDAY!!!!??? ALL DAY?????!!!!! No more "mommy days" to run around and do field trips, or just do nothing....Oh well. As I bought his SCHOOL SUPPLIES the other day, it hit me, that although I may feel (almost) 25, and look (almost) 25, I am NOT 25. I am 37 with 2 growing children. Not even infants anymore. They are boys, they are mine and I love my life. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment